Saturday, July 7, 2012

Wedding Story Part ll

I have decided to Tarantino the story a bit to give more details.
Not sure what I mean by Tarantino? Me either, all I know is he is a director of movies and retells stories from the end to the beginning. So here we go.... Backwards.
The Rehearsal:
As we gathered at 413 On Wacouta for the rehearsal.
Pastor Davey took the reigns and began to run the show.He did an amazing job. With the crew he had it was a bit like herding cats.
One of the things that makes rehearsal night so fun is the relaxed atmosphere. Because you know the next night is not going to be quite so layed back.
I loved that Alex kept the long time tradition of the bow bouquet for the rehearsal. It's a tradition I hope never gets lost in the elaborate sets that today's weddings are becoming.
 My son trying to look all Hard Core in this photo while he walks me down the isle, is just a sample of the laid back nature of the night.
It really is surreal sitting there watching the child you remember holding in the middle of the night as a baby, give their life to someone else and promise forever to them.
I suddenly felt a lump in my throat.

 

I like to break up big events like this into steps.
Step 1 Wedding  Preparation
step 2  Pulling it all together
Step 3 Meeting the parents
Step 4 Rehearsal
Step 5 wedding
Step 6 Reception
Here we are about finish yet another step and I was beginning to feel like instead of taking the steps one at a time, I was falling down them! Things were going so fast. Time seemed like it was speeding up. Like I was behind the wheel of one of those faulty Toyota's with no brakes!

So we finished at 413 and proceeded to Harriet Island Boat
We wanted to do something that was indicative of Minnesota. So what better than a ride down the mighty Mississippi aboard the Jonathan Paddleford!
Honestly, the dinner was ok but the evening was amazing.
Absolutely perfect weather to be on the River.
I think everyone enjoyed the ride.
We saw 4 bald Eagles on our journey up the river. It was picture perfect.
The Bride and Groom!

The Grandparents and friends of the Groom!


Here are the proud parents of the Bride and Groom! We really felt like Familial! (Their Italian too so I can say that!)
What an amazing feeling to have your son thank you for the boat ride. He absolutely loved it!
I couldn't tell him then but it made my heart happy to know that he was so happy.
I see a happiness that my daughter in law brings to him. She accepts him for who he is and loves his quirky ways. His dirty Wrangler jeans, his crazy family, and loves him anyway!
We are all beginning a new life together. Not just the happy couple, and it feels right and it feels good!
Thank you Lord for all you have blessed us with, we are truly grateful!

No comments: