Friday, May 25, 2012

PHOTO A DAY IN MAY - What Memorial Day means to me.

When asked the question what does Memorial day mean to you. I respond by saying, Remembering All Who Give All!







Now that means different things to different people. To me it means the men and women that have not only given their lives serving this great country but also those who are actively serving that have given their all to keep me free! To them I say, You Are My Hero's!



This is a little poem I wrote several years ago.



My hero’s are the men that give their everything,
Without even thinking of the consequences they say yes,
I will serve my country with reckless abandon.
I will give years of my life up for the protection of our freedom.

I will not let you down.

My hero’s are the men that storm the enemy’s camp.
No fear can hold them back when they are called to go.
They will not fail the Red, White and Blue
For it is to the constitution to which they remain forever true.

They will not let you down.

My hero’s are those that are so much smarter than I,
That can operate computers and machinery to make our military strong.
They will work tirelessly to prove America is the greatest country of all.
For their efforts will never fail, nor will they be in vain.

They will not let you down.

The hero’s are the ones that serve this great land.
That posses the humility to think that what they do is not much.
To them I say thank you. To all that have served and have given their all,
To them I say, YOU ARE MY HERO!! God Bless you all.
Thank you for our continued INDEPENDENCE!!!!!

Jenni Bettelli


Those are pictures My Hero, My Son took while serving in Afghanistan. With skin in the game it is much easier to feel the emotion of Memorial Day and all that it means.

But we all need to be grateful for Great men and women that have served and are currently serving this great nation.

If you happen to see a Veteran today or any time at all! Buy them their lunch or their drink. They have earned it!!!
















No comments: