Saturday, May 26, 2012

PHOTO A DAY IN MAY - Project Success

So you know how you get that bug to do a cool project and sometimes it doesn't quite turn out the way you had hoped?
Well, that was NOT this project.
I decided after seeing this at a wedding venue as a decoration, that I wanted this in my house.
I Googled, "how to make tea light trees"
My results came up obvious.
1. Collect tree branches
2. Tie twine around votive cup holders

I knew I wanted something better.
So I Googled "special tree branches" and Manzanita branches came up!!
So I ordered them and when I received them they were exactly as I had hoped they would be.
Wild and curvy and if you look at the top of the tree you will see a small leaf! IT'S REAL!!
I love it! We used brown floral wire to make a loop to hang on the branches. Filled the vase with small river rock to stabilize the branches.
Vwalla!!
So project success!! Yeah!!

No comments: