Tuesday, May 21, 2013

PHOTO A DAY IN MAY - Day 21


Spring in Minnesota!

Spring in Minnesota has such contrasting views.
On one hand we have the ever growing and greening of our priceless perennial, GRASS. 
Then the perfect beauty of a blossoming Cherry tree. 
I mean seriously these are my favorite thing to see as I walk or bike! The perfect pink makes me smile and sneeze but mostly smile. It is blossoming into summer and I LOVE SUMMER! 
When I was a kid and the cherry trees were blossoming around Mother's day, I would make corsages for moms and try to sell them out of my little red wagon! 
I do love these pink beauties. I wish they could bloom all summer. 





Then there's the emerging June bugs, which sends me indoors the minute I hear the B52's flying over. It is truly a miracle that they come from the ground (eew) and then have the ability to fly,  not well I might add,  due to their weight they seem to only be able to fly about head high!!! MY HEAD!!! 
They are attracted to me like a magnet, they are attracted to everyone like that. They have these Velcro legs that cling to your hair with a Kung Fu grip!! 
UHHH! 
Whatever the reason for their existence I LOATHE THEM! 
The very sound of them ends any outdoor conversation I may be having at the time. 
The fact that they cling to my screen door and I find them "mostly dead" on their nasty backs, legs still moving in the morning, is just revolting! 
There are 3 Things I intend on asking God when I enter Heaven:
1. WHERE'S EVE??? 
After that "conversation" is over, question 
2. WHY JUNE BUGS AND SNAKES???
3. CAN I HAVE THE PLEASURE OF THROWING THEM INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE WHERE THEY BELONG?? 
(Let me clarify: not Eve just June bugs and Snakes! )

I do love spring in Minnesota but I could do without these! 
             
Perhaps a few more Cherry Blossoms instead! 

No comments: