Friday, February 26, 2010

Tonight as I sit with friends at a house on a lake in Minnesota I cannot help but think that Jon would love to be here. There is one lone ice fisher out on the lake and you can actually see his light inside of his house.
Jon wherever you are tonight as I write this i miss you so much it hurts.
I cannot wait to see your smile again in person. I cannot wait to see you curled up on the couch on your stomach face first in the pillow, with your legs tucked up underneath you.
This deployment has gone so fast!! I can't believe it's almost over.
When you come home and I get to cut that yellow ribbon off of the tree out front, will be the happiest day of my life.
You are my pride and joy and I am so proud of you.

Tonight I am thinking about all that Jon told me about his recent trip to Kandahar.
Sounds like it was quite the little vacation. He said that they had a Burger King on base as well as a TGIFriday's. He actually got to eat a burger!!! He was saying how strange it was to see people together as couples and to see people with cell phones.
He said they got to wash their uniforms and actually smelled like detergent. Its been a while since they smelled anything good so when a woman with perfume would go by it caught his attention!!
They also got to play street Hockey. He happened to be there the weekend that Canada and USA played in the Olympics. They televised it but not in America, only Canada!! I watched and watched but never saw Jon. We were hoping!!!
He really had a good time in Kandahar. Who Knew?

Not to much longer and I will be able to see that boy again. I just want to wrap my arms around him and hug him as long as he will let me!!!

Lord today I pray for peace and strength and endurance for Jon. Help him to finish strong. Give him all needs and more! Remind him today of how faithful you have been to him throughout his life and throughout this deployment.
Remind him that his little break to Kandahar was designed by you for him! Keep him shielded and warm and protected.
Let him know how much I love him.
Make your face to shine upon him.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

when does he get to come home? I am so glad he got to enjoy some little comforts of home! I bet the lovely smells were so refreshing!